Saturday, February 28, 2015

Week 7 Weigh In & Review

Starting Measurements
Weight - 240lbs
Waist - 47"


Today's Measurements
Weight - 222lbs
Waist - 43"
Body Fat* - 29.2%


Blood Pressure
126/78


This was a pretty good week.  Felt good to get back into the gym and lift.  As I stated last week, I did the training I was supposed to do last, this week.  I also made a point to do some stretching/yoga every day.  The Sean Vigue yoga video I have been doing has been really good.  Started doing it in the mornings before working out as a warm up.  I did it Monday and Tuesday, didn't do it Wednesday or Thursday and I noticed a difference in how I felt the rest of the day, so I did it again yesterday and today.  I did experience a little back pain after doing squats yesterday.  Not sure if its a form thing or what, going to keep an eye on it.  I keep thinking I need to get a personal trainer to help make sure my form is correct.

I noticed this week that my pants are having trouble staying up.  That's a good sign and a good feeling.  The scale is going down and so is my waist line.  I look leaner, I am sleeping better, I have more energy.  This training is going well.  I'm enjoying it and that keeps me getting up at 5am every day to get to the gym.

Next week will be the beginning of a new cycle.  Adding weight to the lifts and getting stronger.  I'm also going to add dumbell biceps curls on Mondays.  Threw them in this past week while I waited on some weights, so I think I'll keep them.  I'll also be walking longer, faster and at a steeper incline.  Same for the sprints.  The plans for those are good, but the walking is getting old.  Thank god for podcasts because the music at the gym is fucken horrible.  Gonna keep it going.

My co-worker asked me the other day what my training goals were.  I told him I just want to be a bad motherfucker.


* Using Dave Draper's Body Fat Calculator

No comments:

Post a Comment