Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Thermogenesis and Fat Loss


So I stumbled across this type of thing a couple years ago, but recently it came back up when I was listening to an episode of the Ben Greenfield Fitness Podcast.  Ben interviews Tim Ferriss and Ray Cronise and they talk about the science behind thermogenesis and how it can help you lose fat. This is something I am integrating into my weekly routine, but so far its been brutal.  The water is really damn cold.  I know they say the first minute is the worst, but I've yet to make it past the first minute.  Baby steps.

If you don't have the time to listen to the podcast, check out the article Chilling the Fat Away and it gives you the basic science as well.  You can also check out this article by Ben Greenfield on how to apply this to your weekly/daily routine.


Walking (4.3)
Time Incline    Speed
37 mins1.5%3.3mph

Caloric Intake
1643

Carbohydrate Intake
185

No comments:

Post a Comment