Saturday, February 21, 2015

Week 6 Weigh In & Review

Starting Measurements
Weight - 240lbs

Today's Measurements
Weight - 226lbs

Blood Pressure
137/82


Week 6 is in the past.  It was a pretty disappointing week for me.  On Monday I accidently miscalculated the weight for my military press and put to much on.  Thinking I was just weak, I forced up a rep and my momentum carried me forward and I felt something pull in my back, hence the image in this post.  I finished the day's exercises but decided on Tuesday with a sore back to consider this my deload week, which was planned for next week.  Next week I will do that training I had planned to do this week and then start the cycle again the following week.  I did get my walking plan in this week and just finished up a light yoga stretch workout and the back is feeling pretty good.

Good news, I was still able to drop 2lbs this week without working out.  I feel I am doing a pretty good job with my diet.  I've lost the random cravings for Mt Dew and with this being Lent, I have given up soda completely, which means I am now not drinking any on the weekends either.  The diet is the hardest thing for me, I am pretty picky.  But I have made small steps to improve.  Instead of eating McDonalds or Wendys every day for lunch, I have been eating soups or deli sandwiches.  Neither are great for you, but they are both substantially better than the fast food options.

Changes going forward:  I am going to be starting the pushup plan I talked about in last week's review, the Born Fitness Pushup Improvement plan.  I am also going to make for of an attempt on the weekends to keep my sleep routine.  I have been going to bed at 10p and waking at 5a and heading to the gym.  On the weekend, if not the same, it will be something similar.  For example, last night I went to bed at 11 and woke at 6.  Trying to get my body in a pattern and hopefully make Monday mornings easier.  Looking forward to getting back to the strength training this week.


Yoga
20 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment