Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Real World Strength

My physical abilities outside of the traditional gym exercises were nothing to write home to Mom about. I had to get out of my comfort zone to develop REAL World Strength, a type of strength that is needed for athletics, military, law enforcement, mental toughness and plain ol’ being a BadAss. 
As a father, it was imperative for me to develop a new sense of toughness, to keep my edge while the majority of men who hit their 30s began making excuses, I wanted to make myself into a stronger man, inside and out.
-Zach Even-Esh,

Read Zach Even-Esh's blog post, Odd Objects Lifting for Real World Strength.  I am just getting back into training, but I am definitely going to incorporate some of these things to keep things fresh, keep my body improving and to improve my overall strength.

I also started reading his book, The Encyclopedia for Underground Strength and Conditioning.  It its a more expansive, detailed version of this post.  Looking forward to get more into it and adding something to my routine.  As I tweeted to Zach, I'm just trying to be less of a pussy than I was yesterday and prevent being what he calls "uselessly strong."

My new DIY Weight sled inspired by Zach and ITS Tactical.


Walking (3.3)
Time Incline    Speed
35 mins1.5%3.2mph


Caloric Intake
1825

Carbohydrate Intake
117

No comments:

Post a Comment