Saturday, February 7, 2015

Week 4 Weigh In & Review

Starting Measurements
Weight - 240lbs

Today's Measurements
Weight - 229lbs


Blood Pressure
140/85


Another solid week in the book.  Restarted the cycle again on the exercises.  Increased weights on all the assistance exercises.  I increased my bench press and military press workout maxes by 5lbs.  I stayed the same on squat this cycle just to hone in on my form.  On deadlift, I dropped my workout max 100lbs.  I want to make sure my form is correct and give my back a gradual increase in weight to slowly get stronger to prevent injury.  As they say, if you are injured you can't get stronger.

This week I also started incline sprinting on the treadmill using the format in the article, Cardio for Strong People.  Really enjoying this whole process.  I feel like I am getting stronger and its a program that not the same old thing every day, so I look forward to going and working out.

My diet was a lot better this week.  I was more focused on keeping my calories and carbs in the necessary ranges.  I am also trying to find some good tasting healthy foods to help make the process easier and make for an actual life change.  For those of you that know me, you know my love for Mt Dew.  I've had countless battles with not drinking it.  I haven't had a single drop since I started this process, which for me is pretty good.  Previous attempts I would drink it on my cheat days.  Not this time around.

There aren't going to be any real changes in next week's training.  The only real one which isn't much is I will be dropping single leg RDLs from Squat day.  Other than that I will be progressing as normal.  I'm continuing on the 5/3/1 training, the walking program and sprinting programs I have started.  The sprinting program leaves a little wiggle room for how you progress.  I've decided to increase the speed .5mph every week until I reach the max for the level, then increase the incline by .5% until I reach the max for that and then progress on.  That will obviously depend on how the increases go, I may stay at a certain speed/incline combination for a week or more.  Slowly but surely trying to get stronger, leaner and in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment