Saturday, January 2, 2016

2015 Year in Review & 2016 Plan

Starting Measurements
Weight - 240lbs
Waist - 47"
Chest - 45.5"
Shoulders - 50.5"
Biceps - 14"
Thighs - 24.5"

Today's Measurements
Weight - 220lbs
Waist - 40.5"
Chest - 44"
Shoulders - 49.5"
Biceps - 14.5"
Thighs - 24.5"
Neck - 16"
Body Fat % - 26.994%

So 2015 was a little disappointing.  I was making pretty good progress in the spring, took a couple months off and got back on track in August or so.  I got down to 212 but haven't been able to get back there yet.  My diet and my conditioning are inconsistent which I think is the largest part to me not hitting my goals.  I am in a better place than I was starting 2015, but not where I want to be.

Honestly, I am not sure if its good or bad if the numbers go up or down or stay the same.  Obviously the waist I want to go down and biceps go up, but chest?  Not sure.  I know I am getting stronger but the fat loss is slower than I'd like.

In 2016, I am going to keep plugging away at the 5/3/1.  I can tell I am getting stronger and I am enjoying going to the gym.  I am going to make more a concerted effort to get in conditioning.  I plan on combining what Jim Wendler and Paul Carter recommend for conditioning.  I am going to start doing 25-45 min morning walks and then have two sessions of sprinting (including hills) a week.  The walking in the mornings before eating should help with the fat loss.  I am also going to make sure I do the Limber 11 daily to help with soreness and overall movement.

Its not a difficult change, but like all habits will take some time to establish and some will power to get to bed at a consistent time that will make it easier to wake up on time to get it in before work.  Getting more sleep consistently should also help with fat loss.  These are all things I've known about for a while, but things I need to do consistently.

Make savage the body.


Conditioning

25 min walk

Mobility

Limber 11

No comments:

Post a Comment