Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Let's Go

I've been reading a bunch of stuff recently about making life uncomfortable so that you get comfortable being uncomfortable.  Two articles that really stuck me were Are You a Dangerous Man by Zach Even-Esh and Moderation Nation by Terence Mitchell.  The whole process of training and eating better is to obviously look better, but to also become more dangerous or more difficult to kill.  As a father and as a man, part of my role is protector.  What good am I to my family if I am fat and out of shape and can't defend myself or them.  What good am I to them if I am dead?

Train in a way that pushes you beyond the norms, beyond what other “normal” men would do. If you’re wondering WHY I keep training the way I do and why I am always driven for more, it comes back to being dangerous. Being dangerous for myself and for my family. -Zach Even-Esh
 I am training almost every day in order to improve my strength, my conditioning, my knowledge, my spirit.  Its something I am becoming obsessed with.  I think about it daily, especially on recovery days.  What can I do that will help my recovery or something that will help me get better without effecting my recovery?

The reason why I have such an issue with ‘Everything in moderation’ is because it negates the need for obsession. Obsession fuels legitimate change, both mental and physical self-advancement. Moderation is the antithesis of everything I strive to improve upon in my life.

Moderation is submission. Moderation is for those of weaker constitutions. Moderation is not for me and nor should it be for you. -Terence Mitchell
Every day I strive to be a better man.  Stronger, faster, smarter.  Some days its a bitch.  Hell yea I want to park my ass in front of the Oreos and clean them out, but I see my kids and know why I am doing what I am doing.


Challenge yourself every day.  Make yourself 1% better every day.  Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.


Yoga

Time
23 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment