Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Sprinting is the Ultimate Full Body Exercise

Those of you who know me probably know that I generally believe in investing your energy in what is most effective. In other words, I think you should pick the things that give you the most bang for your buck and get really good at doing them.

This principle works for all areas of life. But since I’m not feeling overly philosophical at the moment, I’m going to apply this rule solely to your fitness and fat loss goals!
So what exercise gives you the most fat burning “bang for your buck”? For most people, the answer is clear. You should be sprinting!

Not jogging, not running on a treadmill, and definitely not following the typical “fat burning protocol” that you can find in just about every fitness magazine. 
I’m talking about real sprint training — the type of sprint workouts that I prescribe to my athletes. Obviously the athletes I train are primarily looking to increase their strength, speed and power. However, it’s a nice bonus that they quickly get incredibly lean and develop awesome physiques while they are attaining their athletic goals. 
Why sprint? Well, SPRINTING IS THE ULTIMATE FULL BODY EXERCISE. It literally engages every muscle in your entire body. This leads to greater metabolic demands, which makes sprinting a very potent fat burner.

Sprints

DistanceReps
110m2
40m4
110m2

No comments:

Post a Comment