Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 10 Day 2

Hill sprints bring out something that you can’t really get in the weight room, something that you really can’t get on the track. All the guys that I know that worked out on a hill, they were a cut above the other competition around the league and they had long careers.
–Mike Singletary
Since I started this I had always planned to sprint hills as part of my conditioning.  Today was the first day on an actual hill.  Its a motherfucker.  I found a hill on the back of Xavier University's campus, and ran up that son of a bitch.  I ran it 5 times, a good start.  By the 5th one I was spent.  Wrapped it up about 25 mins ago, still feeling it. As Walter Payton said, “The hill, if you had to make a name for it, would be either the goal setter or the will maker.”

If you are looking for more info on it, check out Jim Wendler's article on Hill Sprints. "If given a choice, running hill sprints is my preferred method of conditioning. It taxes the lungs, legs, and most importantly, your mind. You get a big enough hill and you’ll grow a big enough pair of balls after a year of running it."

Conditioning
Hill Sprints - 5 reps

Caloric Intake
1322

Carbohydrate Intake
87

No comments:

Post a Comment