Sunday, October 16, 2016

New Nutrition Plan

So starting today I am trying a new nutrition approach.  I am going with a combination of intermittent fasting along with a sort of modified atkins diet.  The plan is to have a fasting period of 20 hours, followed up by a 4 hour feeding period.  I am going to have to make some scheduling adjustments.  I currently train 3 times a week at 9p.  I plan to start the feeding period after training so eating at 11p at night is not ideal.

I am going to remain in a caloric deficit until I am below 15% body fat.  Closing in on that number, but still have a bit to of fat to burn.

For my nutritional intake values, I want to have 5-10% of calories from carbs and the rest divided between protein and fat with at least 1g of protein per lb of body weight.  I think the one large meal a day will help me get more protein in actual food instead of protein shakes while also opening up my selection of foods to include other healthy fats and vegetables.

Trial and error.  I made it through 20 hours of fasting today with no issues.  That 20 hour period included a conditioning workout.  I am interested to see how it effects my strength workouts.  Stay tunes for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment