Thursday, October 27, 2016

Civilize the Mind


Civilize the mind but make savage the body.  That's the motto of this blog and my personal goal in life.  I've done a good job making savage the body.  I'm down 50lbs, I am stronger, faster and in better condition.  But I've also tried to civilize the mind,  I am constantly trying to learn.  Whether taking a class, watching a documentary, listening to a podcast or reading a book.  At the beginning of the year, I set a goal to read 12 books in 2016.  Not a huge goal, but a goal.  I finished my 12th book tonight and have a list of books to read a mile long.  I have no set style of book I like or don't like,  I want to be entertained, but I also want to learn.  I've found a good mix.  I go through phases where I read a lot then I won't read at all for a week.  

I still have plenty of room to improve both phsyically and mentally and I am continuing to grow every day.  Trying to be 1% better today than I was yesterday.  Both physically and mentally.  

As Wolf Brigade Gym's Greg Walsh says, "A strong body governed by a weak mind is no more useful than a sports car powered by a hamster wheel."

No comments:

Post a Comment