Sunday, February 5, 2017

Meditation


"It is of paramount importance for warriors to place extreme focus on the subject of meditation. Without a calm and focused mind, the body will eventually falter. The practice of meditation is just as important as time spent in the gym or dojo, and for the majority is the practice which is typically ignored or feared."
-Craig Williams, The Mind of the Kshatriya

I had 3 or 4 different links pop up on my social media last week talking about meditation.  Not ads or anything like that, but various people I follow sharing articles they had written, like the one I quoted above on Operation Werewolf and this article written by Chris Kresser.  I also just finished reading Dharma Punx.  I took all those things as a sign and began meditation today.

I started with a simple 10 minutes.  It went by pretty quickly.  I am hoping to incorporate meditation on a regular basis.  The goal when I started this blog was to improve daily and improve in all aspects of life:  physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  I think this will help improve more than one of those aspects.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment